• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Title

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 conv.Q kode.
67 Galaxie 500 conv. 390 C6
69 Coupe 390 4 speed
Need a title with tag for a 73 vert  with Cleveland/C6. Org. Lost somehow🤪

Just any title will not work, the VIN (vehicle identification number) on the title has to match the VIN on the car. You will have to get the previous owner to apply for a replacement and send it to you.

Wow.  And I thought filing for a bonded title for mine was a little bit of a PITA.  Good luck, Tommy!

Just any title will not work, the VIN (vehicle identification number) on the title has to match the VIN on the car. You will have to get the previous owner to apply for a replacement and send it to you.
I'm overseas...thats not an option. Just need a title and vin plate from windshield , the rest I'll fix.

I don't believe that it's legal to sell just the VIN tag and title, if it were it would be easy to "hide" a stolen vehicle. There are also other locations for the VIN, both partial and complete.

You are right, but otherwise the Mustang will never live againđź‘Ž. The way things work here.....it's the only way, can't get a new title.

Do you have someone in the states that could help process it thru a "bill of sale" state?

It's a paperwork shuffle. Some US states do not have titles for older cars. So a "bill of sale" is required for registering the car.

You "sell" the car to someone in one of these states and they register it there, then they "sell" the car back to you with paperwork/bill of sale from that state. Now it is in the system in that state and the other states have a system for dealing with transfers from that state to theirs. States the require a title generate a new title.

That is a simplified explanation, but there are companies that do this for you. And it's all legal, provided the car is not in any stolen car database. Your situation may be more complicated being in Europe, but you might get around that using a stateside friend as "you". The trick is to stay away from states that require a visual inspection in person of a vehicle transfering in from out of statebefore they will allow the registering of the vehicle.

The services used to be listed in Hemmings Motor News.

Back