72 Mach 1 in Houston

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kfairmont

Reaction score
My Car
Mach 1
Love the site, lots of great info here. Below are a few pics of my new project. Originally a yellow automatic H code Mach1 but now sporting a healthy 4V with hyrdo roller, forged FT pistons, eagle rods, etc and a 4 speed with 3.25 traction lock. I think the wheel and tries really work well - 20x10r 20x8f Boss motorsports. Currently cleaning up the floor pans for Rustbullet and Raamat treatment. Had a the car for a couple months now and really enjoying the "drive as you go" project. Recenly got out of drag racing to get back into a street cars.

IMAG0274.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

Hi and welcome to the site.

That is a nice blue! I like the look with no stripes and only the "Mach1" decal.

Those wheels look terrific.

Congrats!

Awesome Mustang! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Nice car! What size wheels are those?
Thanks for all the compliments. The wheels are 20 x 10 in the rear with Falken 275 35R and 20 x 8 with 275 30s. I think I could get away with a 295 or so the rear.

The fronts will rub ocassionally at full turn if not careful when going over bumps curbs etc. Not real bad though. Took out the front lower fender support brackets to allow for a little give.

Here's a pic of the interior floor pans. The right cowel has some minor rust issues and a leak and caused some pitting on the floor over there but not too bad. The heater box is out so I'm going to try and deal with the cowel area on that side as best I can untill I can properly repair.

IMG_1758.jpg

::welcome:: from Oklahoma. The fun per dollar ratio is much higher with the street cars. Chuck

WELCOME aboard!

Actually there are quite a few former (and current) racers on this Site. I am sure you will bring a "lot to the table" based on your experience.

It looks like you have a GREAT start with your '72. I look forward to interacting with you on the different Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

WELCOME aboard!

Actually there are quite a few former (and current) racers on this Site. I am sure you will bring a "lot to the table" based on your experience.

It looks like you have a GREAT start with your '72. I look forward to interacting with you on the different Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT
Thanks Fells, I'll help wherever I can. Here's a pic of the ole Fairmont from early this year. It's now a couple thousand miles away north of Calgary. I'm sure I'll make a pass or two in the Mach before long.

http://351cleveland.wetpaint.com/page/Keith+Fenstad%27s+Fairmont

texas_drag_racing_league025.jpg

Keith, Looking at your pics again I noticed those cool head lights. What are those/who makes them? Your car is so nice, I'd love to see more pics!

The fairmont is cool too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back