Manifold ID?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
I have (what I hope) is my original 351c in my '72 fastback.  It is an H code so it would have come from Dearborn with a 2bbl carb.   somewhere in time it acquired a Holley carb (which from what I can find on the 'net is a 750cfm, number 83310-1  3394, any other ID would be appreciated).  Besides the firing order on the front of the manifold the only numbers/letters are on the back.  I could not pull off the large tube running from the brake booster to the back of the carb no matter how hard I tried and do not want to cut it until I am ready to replace it.  Here are the best pics I could get, hopefully they can ID my manifold.  I have not taken the carb off to see if it is indeed a true 4bbl manifold.  

man4.jpg

man3.jpg

man2.jpg

man1.jpg

holly carb.jpg

Attachments

• man4.jpg
    man4.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 0
  • man3.jpg
    man3.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 0
  • man2.jpg
    man2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • man1.jpg
    man1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • holly carb.jpg
    holly carb.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
D0AE-L is an M-code 4V intake. Date code is 1A29, January 1, 1971 so not original to your car. 

83310 is a 750cfm vacuum secondary carb. It'll work fine in your application. 

Ford stamped a partial VIN on the back of the 351C block. Typically it's on the driver side of the block, just below the cylinder head. Earlier blocks had it on the passenger side, same area. 

Back