Replacement Panel - Trunk to Roof?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible 351C
Looking for a replacement for the panel between the trunk and the roof on 72 convertible. I believe it is listed as part #40310 in the assembly manual. 

I have found them for coupe but not for convertible. Does anyone know if a reproduction part for this body panel is made for convertibles? Mine is swiss cheese.

IMG_1806@0.5x.jpg

I have to dig in my garage but I think I have a whole Rear section I cut off a scrap car a few years ago. I’ll check tomorrow if your interested

This is The best pics I could get cuz it’s hanging on my wall not sure of the year I will have to a few posts pic files are too big

A7774708-B1DB-4382-8EC9-650B298638E5.jpeg

It is tough to find them for sure. I put the one I am using in my molasses tank and the took all the rust out of the inside. I stripped all the paint off and treated it with phosphate. I took an acid brush and put POR on the inside letting it run into all the cracks. Put the POR in the rain gutter part but will put epoxy on the exterior after welded and brazed in. 

Guys, thanks for the responses! I am sorry I did not answer sooner but I did not get notified of your responses. I am not sure why. 

Jasbro316 let me know if you are interested in cutting that part out and selling it.

CMM - Thanks for the photos! That is definitely what I need to do. 

Yes I will message you later I’m in buffalo ny not sure what shipping will cost but I don’t mind cutting it out 

Guys, thanks for the responses! I am sorry I did not answer sooner but I did not get notified of your responses. I am not sure why. 

Jasbro316 let me know if you are interested in cutting that part out and selling it.

CMM - Thanks for the photos! That is definitely what I need to do. 
Sent you a message

Back