My Mustang History

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
351C 4V - C6
Blue with Blue interior
Well I figured I would throw up some pics of my past Mustangs. As I mentioned, my dads car got me hooked early on and I have been lucky enough to have a couple fox bodies over the years. 

The first one was my 1982 GT.  I always saw this car on my drive to school and the front end of it was sitting super high because the motor had been pulled out of it. One day I saw a for sale sign and pulled over and talked to the guy and bought it. The engine was in pieces in a couple boxes, trans was in the hatch. My brother towed it home with my parents Topaz, with me in the car, windows rolled down, stereo blasting, having a great time. It had the factory Recaros, T-Tops, and premium sound, who could ask for more. It also came with the set of TRX wheels, so thats why It has some different ones on the back. I needed tires and couldnt find any so threw on a set we had sitting around for a bit. 

DSC00731.JPG

It ended up getting a T5 swap(got rid of the SROD 4 spd), built a motor for it, and just did a bunch of stuff to it. It was probably one of the most fun cars I have driven. Engine went on an engine dyno before going in and made 347hp and 363ftlb.

DSC00363.jpg

Some friends and I also stripped the car down to bare metal and it went in for a paint job. And also grabbed some new wheels for it when I did that. 

New Pictures 010.jpg

Eventually the engine got swapped due to some problems, and a roller motor out of a 95 went in. And before I went far to overboard and swap in something bigger I ended up selling the car. But after a bunch of years without a Mustang, I decided I wanted to try and replace that empty spot. I ended up trading a set of wheels for a 81 Mustang which started out as a 4 cylinder auto. We called it the crop duster because it smoked, burnt oil, leaked oil, and was covered in dust and leaves. But big things were planned for it.
 1.jpg

Pretty quickly the engine came out, and it wound up getting a 331 Stroker and T5 swapped into it. We also swapped out some of the body parts, it got an 82 GT front end, 5 lug swap, 8.8 with 3.55's, custom guage cluster and tons of other stuff. 

IMG_5196.jpg

Again, we wound up sanding the car down and priming it, but it never did end up making it to paint.

IMG-20120803-00508.jpg

And then life came up and ended up selling my little race car. It never really filled the spot that my 82 did, even though it was more powerful and had a lot of better parts. I tried a couple things after that, did a truck, a SUV, a couple Subaru's (1 WRX 1 STI), a BMW X3 which is my daily/parts getter, and now finally back into the 72 that started it all. 

Back