Attachment Upload Space!

Ok guys...I still haven't found a solution to 3rd party easy photo uploads (you can do them manually but requires cut and paste) so I have increased all group upload allowances!  Here is the run down...

Members = .25 GB

VIP Members = 1 GB

Site Supporters/Vendors = 3 GB

Benefactors = Unlimited

Tech Advisors/Super Mods/Admins = Unlimited

That is some serious disc space!  To help save space, all images that are uploaded to the server are sized to 1200 X 1200 PX.  It is better to save images to the server so they never disappear!  3rd party images do have a tendency to disappear after a while but they cost zero disc space.  I would suggest using a 3rd party service like imgbb.com or postimage.org to post images like the 'Count to a Million' photo thread where it doesn't matter if the images last forever but for important stuff like tutorials or such, use the forum upload feature and the images never go away!  You can also grab the URL of an image off of Google Image Search and paste it into our 'INSERT OTHER MEDIA' button for unimportant image attachments...this doesn't cost us any disc space and it is fairly easy to do!  These practices can save us a ton of disc space, but again...don't hesitate to upload important photos of anything 71-73!   Photos of your car, tutorial images, Concurs photos...doesn't matter!  Upload them!  other stuff can be 3rd party hot linked or URL added! 

If you have any questions or concerns, post it here or PM me!  We want the forum full of beautiful 71-73 photos for ever!!  These new limits and practices should help!!

You can check your attachment quota anytime by clicking your username in the top right corner and then click MY ATTACHMENTS!  (Unlimited groups will not see a quota bar)

The extra disc space costs a pretty nice egg!  If you are able to donate or upgrade to a VIP member plan, I would greatly appreciate it!  Every dollar helps offset what I have to pay out of pocket and insures that we always have the best software and the most reliable hosting!

https://7173mustangs.com/forums/donate/make-donation/

Thanks everyone and enjoy the new attachment upload limits!

• Like 2

spacer.png