1972 mach 1 floor pan holes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward24

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
Replacing the carpeting I have 4 round holes located on the front of the passenger side fire wall.  Any idea what they are for.  I was going to seal it and also seal the drain plug in the middle of the floor.  The drivers side floor pan and seat platform is going to be replaced.  Any help would be welcome.  Thanks

20200712_121316.jpg

20200712_121353.jpg

I don't have any idea on why there would be holes in the toe board, maybe if your car was rust-proofed they drilled them to get access to the footbox top.

The second pic is the hole over the front subframe extension. There should be a plastic plug covering that one.

If you haven't already sealed them... grab yourself a 360 spray nozzle and generously spray some etching primer, rust inhibitor, and rubber coating, just layer up that bad boy so any moisture that collects will just bead up and find its way out. Rather than it just causing more headaches/double work down the road. ask me how i know  :classic_dry:

https://www.eastwood.com/aerosol-nozzle-w-24-extension-hose.html?SRCCODE=PLA00010&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uH6BRDQARIsAI3I-Uf24QSD5JZDcTQRtreB_cqca8HLY3wFJxN0-k-nmlumsRpVxmrOM2YaAi_9EALw_wcB

Back