Greetings from Northland New Zealand

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

My name is Alistair and after owning a '73 Q code Mach One in the early eighties finally was allowed another mustang for my retirement. The vehicle is a '73 mustang convertible, originally an H code,  it has a set of closed chamber 4V cylinder heads on it and is more or less stock, it has P/S, P/B, A/C, FMX Power top, 8 track, convenience group, console, 2 speed int wipers, tinted glass, appearance group and colour keyed racing mirrors and weirdly a 2:75 traction lock 9 inch. Not an exceptionally rare vehicle. Like any multi owned car of this vintage and mileage (more than the space shuttle) it has its problems, should have named it Pandora. My intention is to get every thing working again (including the annoying  buzzer) and this is where the remaining knowledge of these vehicles is very hard to find in New Zealand, hence joining this Forum. Parts to complete this project is also an issue and the devil is always in the detail with any restoration. When I purchased the car it had a Demon (appropriate named) carburettor  on it as a previous owner had run a vortec blower on it, I replaced this with a Holley 600 mainly for economy reasons as in this part of the world our 95 octane is equal to 91 octane in the US which is generally the highest octane rating you can find and you pay NZD $9 a gallon. IMG_0246 (2).JPGIMG_0233.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Houston, Texas, USA!!  Wish you the best of luck in your efforts.  Keep us informed!

Thanks Alistair!  Its been a journey for sure.  It was gorgeous when I bought her but she definitely had issues.  brakes, steering, interior infested with mold, electrical issues....on and on.  Finished her finally but cant take her anywhere with this COVID

Welcome from North Carolina, USA. Great looking 73!

Welcome from Illinois! Nice looking car - and always good to see another vert!

Greetings from an ex N Z Mustang owner, now in Australia but working on coming " home "  when the gates are open again.  Looking toward the Northland area so may catch up with you & a few others.  Good work on that car.  Give a shout if you're chasing any parts that may be in Aust.  I've been down a similar road so could send some ideas your way.

Have fun.

PKJ 

s Mackay show 2019.JPG

Back