One left the stable...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Vert

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible, 1973 Hardtop
Difficult decision, but, I sold this 73 Vert yesterday. This was a turn key 95% original 50k mi Vert. Happy it went to a gentleman who will enjoy cruising with his girlfriend way up North... La Sarre, Quebec... She loved the Avocado interior :) and wanted him to buy it. Jay, if you see this, I gave him the radiator you sent me so that he could have the missing date coded rad reinstalled one day. The car is seeing a lot of Canada, spent it first 44 year’s in Victoria, BC, then headed East to Southern Ontario and now venturing Further East into La Belle Province... It was a great car to own, and will give them many years of enjoyment upon their imminent retirement from working in the Mine’s up North.

3757D00A-1B82-42D1-B088-C095521D9D24.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Always sad to see them go, but you still have two great cars. Are you planning on filling that slot or?
In this economy, i did very well with the car. Good car's bring the $$$, even if they are not the most desirable optioned out version. I'm not one to leave a vacancy long..., I missed out on my dream non Ford last week: a '64 Stingray, one owner, been in storage for many year's and would not run. They were asking $30K... It was gone within two hours of the add being posted. It was less then 10 minutes from me. If only... I am also partial to the early 240/280 and even early mto mid 80's Datsun Z car's... We'll see.

If you are interested in Japanese cars my nephew brings in cars from Japan of course they are RHD. Skylines and has brought in twin turbo Z cars. 
In 1974 I think it was a friend of mine had a 69 Plymouth roadrunner. I use to out run him in my Mustang. We would get on the clover leaf exchange on the interstate and never get off just do laps. More or less drifted the whole thing we called it power sliding. He got a new 240 Z the orange color. He was going to out run me he said. Didn't work the Mustang would still take the Z. He ended up burning the car to get out of the payments. 

Best medicine to help you forget when you are feeling a loss is to get another one to replace it. It always worked for me with cars, pets, and girlfriends..well...back in the day on the latter.

Picked up this 86 300Z as something different to play with when I need a break from the stang’s... I wanted the earlier 70’s version, but are few and far between today. Most have been altered severely and I like my car’s original... Lots of projects for the winter now...

F2D2D0D3-B366-44DF-BCBE-DEC9D408A9B9.jpeg

The way things are going with restrictions, you'll have lots of time to work on projects.  To replace my 73 vert, decided to go a bit more modern.

For some reason, I keep finding blue exterior colors to my liking.  Not much needed to do with this one except enjoy the drive.

July 2020_23.jpg

Back