Help identifying plug under hood

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grandmas73

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Red conv 302
1961 Studebaker Hawk
Hi all, ( hope I’m in the right place) I’m hoping someone can help me identify what this connector is for. This is on my 73 vert 302 base model. I’ve installed a Pertronix and was looking for switched hot with no dropout on crank, this fits the bill but I would like to know what option it’s for that I don’t have. The green is ignition hot and the brn or red with white trace is at ground. It appears to be bundled in the cable passing through the firewall between the fender and the booster.

Thanks for any and all help. 

(First mobile post, don’t know why they rotated🤔

A655C3F9-C06B-4428-A8F6-A347C88BC01F.jpeg

690E061C-96E0-4EAE-8892-11DAFB0F0E48.jpeg

B11C1986-1DDE-4A09-A6F4-C5A816868284.jpeg

Thanks midlife. That connector is under the hood, what's the seat belt reminder hooking up to out there?  I tried looking on the shop man but the CD looks like a 10th gen copy, hard to see detail.

There's a relay that when the key is turned to RUN and the tranny not in Park, it checks to see if the belt is fastened; if not, it throws a light and/or a buzzer.

I just picked up the 73 wiring book. I see the circuit that your referring to, connector C-414 on page #4.  This time when I tested the circuit I used a test bulb rather than than a meter to read the wire. When I turned the key on the test light lit and the buzzer, for the first time in years, went off. Not the place to pick up switched batt for the Pertronix. Time to run some wire. 

Thanks for your help.

Are you referring to the blue square plug with only 2 pins used?  Although it is attached to the NSS/BU switch at the tranny, it is not part of those circuits.

Back