I ordered the wrong heater hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 dark green
Just got my heater hose set in from NPD and it looks like I ordred the wrong one.  the one I got says no a/c. it is the first one below.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/heater-hose-set-concours-yellow-stripe-motorcraft-lq1h04b/103078?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dheater%2Bhose%26top_parent%3D200001%26year%3D

One I should have ordered:  https://www.npdlink.com/product/heater-hose-concours/103061?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3Dheater%2Bhose%26top_parent%3D200001%26year%3D

What is the difference between the two?  is it just the bend and if so can I make the set I got work??

I got the A/C hose set for my 73 Grande and there are two molded ends on each hose. Both Molded ends come off of the heater core. One that is S shaped goes between the heater core and heater control valve. By having the molded ends it does help put the hoses and control valve up higher and keeps them away from the engine. Before I restored this car it had just non molded straight heater hoses on it for as long as I remember, car has been in family since 1978. I would recommend getting the correct ones with molded ends but you can get away without them. 

Michael

I emailed NPD as I realized their link to the set I ordered just said 1972=1972 Mustang   No mention of no ac.  So I feel it is a flaw in their listing that caused me to order this one.  Needless to say if it said no ac, like the package does, I would not have ordered it, they need to correct that

confused on the "bend".  The hose I removed from the car was just a one piece, no bend both from firewall to block and pump.  I am sure they were just aftermarket hoses so why the "bend'?   Does it have anything to do with the valve that goes in the line for the ac?  Or do you just cut the hose to fit that valve?

Last edited by a moderator:
My J Code Vert had the S hose (original) still installed when I got the car. It connects at the firewall...

Back