Double Din

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
I know I'm not losing my mind but I could have sworn I saw a picture of double din in our models, but now can't find the pic.

Has anyone done a mod to convert to a double din?

Thanks

What the @#$%^& is a  double din? I cant go to bed thinking of this all night  :)

What the @#$%^& is a  double din? I cant go to bed thinking of this all night  :)
Sleep well knowing that it can be done without hacking the dash.  Just the sacrifice of a radio bezel, which they repop these days.

If the day ever comes I put a radio into my car I’d consider it.  The double Din Alpine I put in the wife-mobile continues to impress me.

Sleep well knowing that it can be done without hacking the dash.  Just the sacrifice of a radio bezel, which they repop these days.

If the day ever comes I put a radio into my car I’d consider it.  The double Din Alpine I put in the wife-mobile continues to impress me.
Huh, Thanks for the teachings :) that was driving me nuts. I have a original style radio in my wifes 71 mach but have thought many times that I should change it out to a modern style with better bells and whistles. Now I know the solution.......thanks 

Here's a double din I have installed in my 03 Jeep TJ.

I even had a Parrot Bluetooth phone system (as our steering wheels doesn't have radio controls) installed and heated seats. 

I was able to purchase an aftermarket radio trim piece for the dash...no cutting up. 

DoubleDin.jpg

I read the reviews on that piece and they arent very good. Most people are saying to buy the repop piece which is metal, and then just do the required cutting to let you use a more modern head unit. 

I purchase the Ken Harrison single DIN replacement from CJ and wasn't real thrilled with it. It's pretty flimsy and the fit is a little off. I decided to use it cause I didn't want to cut the original or buy a repop and then hack it up. All in all it's just OK.

Mike

Back