Some Basic 71 Mach 1 Questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Djustham

Reaction score
Im new to this year/make of mustang.  Just got the car and noticing some missing items.  Looks like two ports on the left side of air cleaner with nothing.  Think that one is for the passenger side pcv valve (which one?) bc the hole is open on the passenger side valve cover. Not sure what the other is for and where a hose attached to it goes.  Also wondering what the large hole on the bottom side is for (finger pointing at it).  Does a hose attach to this?  Is it turned in the correct way towards the right front fender?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Newbie trying to learn.

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

The black fittings you see are for PCV & emissions connections.  The front stem takes a flexible tube from  a canister attached to the back of the shock tower, below that support brace from the firewall.  Can't see it in your pic but search through other posts & you'll find many more views.  The rubber end sticking through from inside with the metal clip is for the line back to the PCV connection on the rear of the rocker cover as you suggest.  Most vendors will have this rocker cover grommet but the air cleaner parts are scarce.  The larger connection you are pointing to takes a flexible duct coming up from a heat riser shroud around the exhaust manifold.  It may be missing  - can't see far enough down in this pic.  Again, search for other images of engine bay set-up.

Now a side note:  I am in Australia and trying to find the two air cleaner parts shown here but no success. Mike ( Motorcity ) has been down this trail with me.  Anyone have these in a box of leftovers ?  They are only light weight so postage should not kill me.  All options considered.

Have fun.

PKJ

Now a side note:  I am in Australia and trying to find the two air cleaner parts shown here but no success. Mike ( Motorcity ) has been down this trail with me.  Anyone have these in a box of leftovers ?  They are only light weight so postage should not kill me.  All options considered.

Have fun.

PKJ

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/store/p/14237-Adapter-Tube-Fuel-Vapor-to-Air-Cleaner-Used-1971-1973-Mercury-Cougar-/-1971-1973-Ford-Mustang.html?sessionthemeid=26

https://www.carid.com/1971-ford-mustang-emissions-parts/wix-breather-filter-736434247.html

Back