How to Search the Forum like a PRO!

We now have 4 ways to search the forums!  The most obvious is the search field at the top of every page...it is great for most of your needs!  First, click on the field and it will show some options to refine your search.  You can click on More Options to see all of the searches available.  Once you select a type of search, you can fill in the field with your search terms and hit enter or click magnifying glass to search.

The 2nd way to search is called the advanced search screen...you can access it by clicking SEARCH in the top nav menu under Content or by clicking the magnifying glass in the search field while the field is empty!  This screen gives you all kinds of options and time frames to search by!  It is really extensive and there are just too many options to talk about...just go to the advanced search page and try it out!

3rd option is to use the Unread Content link to view all of the latest forum action!  There is a search bar above the results that can help narrow down your search by clicking on the term and adjusting the search parameters.  You can also save the search that you set up for later use!  Here is a screen shot of the search bar...(sponsored by Ohio Mustang Supply...)

1161489770_ScreenHunter_786Aug_0713_44.thumb.jpg.652f79bc013306f2e7b711e5c1df5130.jpg

In conjunction with Unread Content...there are a few more versions in he CONTENT tab such as All Activity, and My Content that you can use to quickly find the stuff you are looking for!

Lastly, we just added the Google Custom Site Search that basically has the Google Search Engine search the site for what ever terms you are looking for.  It will then display the results in a page that looks a little like a regular google search (they even throw in a couple sponsored results at the top...LOL) but the results are laser focused to our site only and nothing is overlooked...even posted images are brought up when available.  This search is also found under the Content Tab up top or at the top of the Index page side bar!

That's pretty much everything you need to know about searching the forum!  Just play around with the various methods and I'm sure you will find the droids that you are looking for (opps, wrong movie!)  If not, shoot me a PM and I'll try to help you out!

spacer.png

Thank you. Where do I access the Google Custom Site Search?

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Click CONTENT up top in the nav menu then click Google Custom Search.  There should also be a search box at the top of the Index Page side bar...

This is the direct link to the search page:

https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=007957757079081443050:ry9tf_ln-ii

• Like 1

spacer.png