engines out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like fun! I haven't pulled an engine in over 20 years, but I'm getting the urge to replace my 250 with a 351! Keep the pics and progess notes coming!

With that "H" Code, I am curious as to whether you have the 2-bolt or 4-bolt main block, considering the other codes. I cannot tell from the photographs.

BT

Well you've done the hardest part.most people never get the engine out. They let the project sit forever. Now that the engine is out, you can easily see if you have a 2 or 4 bolt main.

You could also convert a 2 bolt to a 4 bolt, but it is extra machine work, the crankshaft area would need a line bore with the extra bolts machined in place. I spoke to my engine builder about it at the time, basically the clevelands are meaty enough down there that 2 bolts are more then enough unless your going to make a 600+ hp engine.

Great start ;)

Has 2-bolt mains.. My son in the pic wants me to build it to 400hp+ so I can burn my other son's Eaton charged 4.6 Merc. which blew his LT1 Impala SS. I thick I'm going to stay with what I've got Cam, Intake and Carb upgrade. Myaybe just add headers

Back