Front wheel bearing hub

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunEngine

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Gold Glow, 351cj, toploader, 3.5 gears, all factory options.
Hello,

I am looking for a front wheel hub assembly for a 1972 disc front. If anyone can please point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I can not find anything online unless I purchase a complete front end brake assembly. It is currently 70mm, I need it to be 53mm or less where the center of the wheel fits over.

I hope I made sense.

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg_thumb.png

That looks to be an aftermarket brake rotor. The Mercury models had a larger diameter than Ford. Also they are measured in Inch back then so will be easier to find. Here is a stock rotor. You did not mention if you are running stock wheels or not. The normal steel wheel the center hole on the wheel should fit the hub center. That supports the weight and the lugs only hold the wheel on. The Magnum 500 wheel does not have a center hole the 1973  forged aluminum wheel does have center hole to fit the hub. 

DSC_0970.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

The hub on it now belongs to a Australian Falcon. Rotor is the same, hub is not. Unfortunately it is one piece. If I can source a hub from somewhere I can get a rotor locally. Falcon rotors should be the same. I am running a 15" magnum with a 53mm hole. 

Hello,

The hub on it now belongs to a Australian Falcon. Rotor is the same, hub is not. Unfortunately it is one piece. If I can source a hub from somewhere I can get a rotor locally. Falcon rotors should be the same. I am running a 15" magnum with a 53mm hole. 
Keep in mind that the center hole of the Magnum 500 isn't perfectly centered. :whistling:

Cheers Frank

Back