Spotted this one tonight.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtBBQ

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1 M Code
Anybody got any guesses as to what year this car is? How about what model it is? It says Mach 1 on the back but I don't really think it is. The side stripe is not the hockey stick stripe like a typical 71 Mach 1. It's also got a vinyl top? I haven't seen that before. I tried to get up closer to it but he alluded me.
f14f015fc3d54f59b7f9f33ee0796dca.jpg
e4d2349f35ea63d0a3b72b5d761d2f47.jpg
e055e1ae201422d1f016bdd41fa17ca6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

'73 for sure...that half-vinyl roof is something I don't see often, I believe it was an option, but not really sure I've ever seen it on a Mach. Rear window louvers are an obvious owner touch. Nice looking car from what we can see here.

Last edited by a moderator:
The no black paint on the taillight frames, and those particular Mach 1 deck lid and side stripes were unique '73 pieces. The 3/4 vinyl roof was a 71-73 sports roof option and was available on the Mach 1 also. The always present Magnums and rear valence with exhaust cut-outs were not available as production installed items in '73 but still look good on this one. 1973 was also the only year rear bumper guards were available on the Mach 1.
Glad to see this one was out for a little cruising.

Absolutely a 73. Mine had the vinyl roof and bumper guards when I found it but chose to remove during resto. This is almost like Deja Vu. Had to check my garage to be sure!! Ha-ha. Front Driver Side - Resized.jpg

Rear Driver Side - Resized.jpg

Absolutely a 73. Mine had the vinyl roof and bumper guards when I found it but chose to remove during resto. This is almost like Deja Vu. Had to check my garage to be sure!! Ha-ha. View attachment 43783
View attachment 43784
We have a winner! Nice car dude looks sharp and thanks for the confirmation.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Like all have said it is a 73. Yes the vinyl roof was actually called a 3/4 vinyl roof. I ordered mine with one and it is still there never replaced. View from my parts attic in garage. 
Marti took some creative writing when he did my Marti report. He changed the name of the 3/4 Ginger Vinyl roof to a Kiwi, lol. It was a $52.35 option. In 71 not so many just over 100 built but more common in 72 & 73 I have put my copy of the Mustang by the Numbers so cannot give the numbers. I think the vinyl roof breaks the car up to look better.image.png

DSC_1264.JPG

View attachment Preview video-1555166327 (3).mp4

I especially like the photo of the car turning in the intersection, with the sign behind it..."watch for turning traffic"....and we are.

It may be the angle but, it looks like the rear spoiler is on backwards to me. A good looking car. Chuck

I like the color on Artbbq's car. Medium brown metallic? I think I'd have called it Cinnamon metallic. Then again, my car's color is called medium yellow gold, but my kids say it's American cheese yellow....

Back