INTERIOR COLOR SCHEMES AND IDEAS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
Dont get me wrong, blue on blue is pretty sweet but man, thats ALOT of blue. 

I also have a black center console and was thinking about trying to find a nice way of bringing some blue and black accents. Im curious what your experiences are with different upholstery patterns and colors that arent stock. 

show me some pictures of your interiors! prefer blue ones or partial blue. 

blublack upholdstry.jpg

Soooo much blue haha it definitely looks good in its own right. But part of me wants to break it up a bit with something else

Yes, it's a lot ob blue, but it grows on you.

View attachment 43803

View attachment 43804
I was going to ask if there is any part of the car interior that is exposed metal (body color paint) 

I didn’t pull mine it I got it torn down but I’m prepping up for body work and wondering if there’s any reason to paint the interior body color 

Unlike the earlier cars, there is no exposed body color in the 71-73 interior. If I were to do anything different, I would have TMI use genuine comfortweave in the front seats. Their embossed vinyl looks good, but doesn't breathe like the originals. 

These pics are from when I first finished the car back in 2006. I hadn't even put the seat backs on yet and it was still sporting the 3 speed. 

Back