Parting out 72’ Sportsroof 2F02H100534 - Near Weed CA

Posted (edited)

Rear window glass $70, Drivers side quarter window glass $20 and passenger side door window glass $70.  I would consider shipping the quarter window, others would have to be pickup only.

Standard dash- no plastic or harness.  Comes with glove box door.  local pickup- no shipping.  Has more rust than most on the inside from the car having no windshield, but no rot.  Should clean up with a blast or dip  $30

Radiator is marked FoMoCo D1AF GA 1FC End tank is smashed from accident - fins are bent and it is covered in Ringtail cat poo as the radiator lying flat in the trunk with the shroud was apparently prime ringtail real estate.  I pay you $5 to take it.

13416C75-BDF1-45CF-A200-ABAB606C820E.jpeg

E2454BED-1417-4156-89A2-3425B60BE4BA.jpeg

Edited by Bentworker

@Bentworker given the rust through on the passenger floor, I think I know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyways.  I'm looking for an intact cowl tank for an A/C car. Also, both door hinge plates for the driver-side upper hinge.  These are the backing plates that the hinge bolts screw into (inside the pillar and inside the door).

Thanks,

Nick

@knn

I have the hinge plates.  I took a borescope and looked into the cowl- I cant make out for sure one way or the other on condition.  Will have to wait until I take the dash the rest of the way apart.

@knn

I took a closer look at the cowl today- it is rotted out junk.

I have the upper drivers side hinge plates and can put them in a small USPS flat rate box.  If $20 shipped sounds okay PM me your address.

Does the car have an FMX transmission?   Im looking for the electrical plug terminal connecter  (on the main wiring harness)  that the Shifter Neutral safety switch plugs into.

My car has been rewired and sadly I don't have that connecter.

Also looking for the 2 front centre grille support plates in front of the radiator support panel (not the long ones, the 2 shorter black plates)

Thanks Mark

mustang rad plates.jpg

Edited by 92GTS-R
22 minutes ago, 92GTS-R said:

Does the car have an FMX transmission?   Im looking for the electrical plug terminal connecter  (on the main wiring harness)  that the Shifter Neutral safety switch plugs into.

My car has been rewired and sadly I don't have that connecter.

Also looking for the 2 front centre grille support plates in front of the radiator support panel (not the long ones, the 2 shorter black plates)

Thanks Mark

mustang rad plates.jpg

I’m not positive on the plates.  I should be able to go look at the car Friday, my guess is that they may be smashed.  

It is an FMX car, and the harness is intact.  I could FaceTime you next time I am at the car so the right part of the harness gets pruned.

If the drivers side door switch is a three prong ford part I’d be interested in it, also the driver side mirror.

The neutral safety switch conversation is giving me deja vu.  I remember our '71 being like @Bentworker's and having only the two connectors (white and black), but couldn't recall why.  

I'm hoping this is the answer.  According to West Coast Classic Cougar, there was a running change made 12/1/1971 from the 2 connector to the 3 connector. https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.com/c9zz-7a247-c-used.html?a=GoogleProductSearch&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrqy75Zjm6wIVtBx9Ch1SagOZEAQYCCABEgIZ7PD_BwE&pk_campaign=689785599&pk_content=154423720703&pk_kwd=&pk_medium=cpc&pk_source=GoogleAds&sessionthemeid=26

Good luck,

Nick

BTW, big thanks to @Bentworker on the hinge plates (farther up in this thread).  Here they are after a little cleanup.  Aside from my clumsiness dropping the plate down the pillar, they worked great.  We now have a working driver door.  

Here's a few tips if you're replacing the top plates on a mostly assembled car:

• Tie a piece of thin twine through the top bolt hole on the pillar plate and tie the other end off to something stationary.  If you drop the plate, you can always just pull it back up and try again.
  • Have a helper on the outside guide you and be ready to put a bolt into one of the plate bolt holes (they can see, you can't)
  • While you're there, replace all the bolts.  In my case, I snapped all 3 trying to loosen them so I didn't have a choice.
  • Oh, and on the door side plate, that's a 3/8" square drive hole in the middle.  Use a 3/8" ratchet to help persuade the plate into place.

Best,

Nick

2020-09-13_06-23-54.png