How to disassemble seat tracks for clean and grease.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I have been trying to get all the bolt on pieces cleaned and refinished to be ready to bolt on my 72 Q vert this winter. I have always looked at and wondered how I could get the seat tracks apart to clean the old grease out and make the rollers and ball bearings work. I figured it out today. They rivet two pieces of spring steel for the rollers to bear on. At the end the form a Vee that prevents the rollers from coming out. If you put a block in the track and press the vee out you can take the two slides apart. There are 4 ball bearings .250" and two rollers bearings. I will get some pics and post to make more clear. Will make your seat move with ease and be smooth. I am thinking about getting them zinc plated while apart. Going to find some new ball bearings and might make new rollers also and harden them.
Have got quite a stack of parts ready to go back on. I think after paint I could have the car together in a couple weeks. Just need everything ready to bolt on no work just assembly.

Latest posts

Back