• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 Mach-1 front seats

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Americankiwi

Reaction score
Looking for a set of front 72 Mach-1 seats...I have deluxe interior ( I'm new to Mustangs so not sure if all are the same?)...upholstery is not important  just need good frames with rails etc...my 72 had some aftermarket seats installed

Thanks....John

There are two different style seat frames. One has the automatic seat back release the other is manual release. If you have convenience group you need the ones with seat back releases. Some had the release handle in the center I believe all auto release were to the outside not 100% sure. If you had Mach 1 sports interior The seats should look like these. You probably need the slide adjusters also.

DSC_0947.JPG

DSC_0950.JPG

There are two different style seat frames. One has the automatic seat back release the other is manual release. If you have convenience group you need the ones with seat back releases. Some had the release handle in the center I believe all auto release were to the outside not 100% sure. If you had Mach 1 sports interior The seats should look like these. You probably need the slide adjusters also.

View attachment 43908

View attachment 43909
Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the Mustang world...I just ordered the Marti report, but what I do know so  far is...It's a 72 Mach-1 with Deluxe interior in Vermilion Red...Yes I also need the sliders

Last edited by a moderator:
1971 and early 72's  had a  seat back release lift handle in the center if the seat

Late 72 and all 73's had the release handles moved to the outboard edges of the seat

This was the same on standard or deluxe interior

The seat bottom was the same for all 3 years only the upright changed for the lift latch position

I sent you a PM

Back