Howdy, this will be my first roadtrip in my 72 coupe that I bought 8 months ago, all the major problems, tune up and electrical work has been done. She is mostly stock aside from the edelbrok 2750 intake, and double pumper carb, and has been running great around town. Just looking for some advice on tools, parts, misc to bring along. About 350 miles round trip, and 85 degree highs here in the PNW. Thanks. 

Bring the wallet tool, duct tape, bailing wire, spare set of points, basic tools, electrical tape.  Water, oil, brake fluid, jumper cables, air pressure gauge.  Jack stand(s), jack, road flares.  Bring a pretty girl wearing a bikini in case you need someone to pull over and help.

• Like 2

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

Flamicon2.jpg

http://www.7173mustangs.com/banners/oldfart.png

Fire extinguisher.  Much better to put your ride out if there is a problem instead of watching it turn into a really expensive candle.

Pack enough water and snacks that if you end up doing roadside repairs you are comfortable.  + everything on Midlife's list 

Tow a spare car :biggrin:.

A tow insurance like AAA can be handy. Also bring a way to secure your car over night. Either an alarm, chains and/or locks.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

One thing I do every time I am going out while still in the garage. I put both feet on the brake pedal and push as hard as I can. If a line or seal is going to blow I want that to happen in the garage not coming up behind a stopped vehicle. 

This year has been a bust for sure. One little short trip to fill up with gas and a few miles. I even let my insurance drop since not going anywhere. I put probably 1,500 miles on last year maybe 5 this year.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David