• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

dealer plate frame or script

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stillakid54

Reaction score
My Car
-71 boss1
-71 scj convertible
For several years I have been on the hunt for a dealer script or license plate frame for my boss 1, without success.

Frank Coletto Ford, Harbour City CA. Missed one on eBay about 9 months ago. If anyone came across one would very much appreciate the lead. Thanks in advance.

Vintage-Dealer-License-Plate-Frame-Coletto-Ford-San.jpg

I've been after one from Lake Motors in Salt Lake City for 20 years. 

I'm wondering if they even had them - it's cool that you have a picture of one.  Will keep my eyes open for yours as well.

For several years I have been on the hunt for a dealer script or license plate frame for my boss 1, without success.

Frank Coletto Ford, Harbour City CA. Missed one on eBay about 9 months ago. If anyone came across one would very much appreciate the lead. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 44003
I once found ones for the original Ford dealer who sold my car. I also have the original dealer invoice.

724712-800x450-1.jpg

Actually, I've also been hunting around for a dealer plate or emblem for my car. It was sold from Holiday Ford in Sunnyvale Ca.

I came across a company that will make custom badges that was at a reasonable price. You work with a designer and whatever you decide is milled out of billet aluminum.  I had the salesmans card from back in the day and this company matched the script exactly.

Mine came out really nice and adds a nice touch to the car.

Let me know if you need any more info.

The company is   www.billetbadges.com

dealer_emblem.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Don and Steve. Both great suggestions.

I have four dealers to re create and have only seen the one plate for Coletto. No template for the other three after years of searching. It made me appreciate the many many dealers that have come and gone over the years, especially in smaller communities. I may go with my own template for each, realizing there may be no "true" ones left out there.

I searched a long time for my dealer emblem. I had to do some restoration work on it before installing on the car. As with everything on these car’s, when it comes to rare or obscure parts; patience and perseverance are the key. If you see it, jump on it! 

135A66CC-9FE1-49A6-8783-E78967412F60.png

I searched a long time for my dealer emblem. I had to do some restoration work on it before installing on the car. As with everything on these car’s, when it comes to rare or obscure parts; patience and perseverance are the key. If you see it, jump on it! 

View attachment 44051
I honestly thought for a second that that was my car in the background!! 😃

Seeing as we all are adding to this post about dealer license plate holders or emblems, here's mine that fortunately remained with the car throughout a few owner swops. I also have the original California plates, but I can only use those at car shows ( do you remember car shows?)

IMG_3672 (3).JPG

Back