73 Mustang-351 Cleveland 2V

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da55

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback 351 V8
Hey yall,

Next week im getting the Rustang worked on. Going to a Motor place here in Houston for a remodeling. The guys at the shop will rebore/replace/restore anything that needs work on. Do yall have any tips or recommendations?

I was reading about cams and was wondering if yall had any recommendations?

Any tips on the 2v vs 4v?

Headers recommendations?

Im not racing it, want it street efficient and with good power.

Thanks!

-Dave

I'd need a little more information about your car, what transmission do you have and what rear axle ratio, and if you plan on making any changes to either. Also, what carburetor and intake manifold do you currently have?

And, are you asking what the differences are between 2V and 4V engines?

Last edited by a moderator:
@da55 well howdy! Im also from Houston. I've been looking around for a shop to have the engine redone. where are you taking yours to? Headers: Hooker's cant go wrong with them. I've used them on a different build cant say i was disappointed.

@kiko619

Looking at Texon Motors. Heights area on 34th. Been busy but hopefully I can get there soon. And I'm going to look into Hooker. Thanks!

@da55 Im going to give them a call and see what the quote is. let me PM you outside this thread for a comparative if you don't mind. I was worried you were going to hit up Thunderbolt.... just out of their minds with what they quoted me. Also if check out John's Mustang for some parts, they're a local mustang warehouse off Glennmont and Westpark Tollway. They have pretty much most of what we will need, at the expense of a drive and a few bucks more than, but go to CJ and Dallas for the bigger price tags, (Free shipping)

If you're pulling the block out I'd suggest you pull off all the fenders and apply that POR-15 to everything you possibly can in the engine bay. save yourself from any future headaches. I don't regret this action item at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back