Headers 351C 2V

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da55

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback 351 V8
Hey y'all,

What do y'all recommend for a good set of headers? Mine are rusted pretty bad, gonna go in and start taking them off, might have to cut them if the rust is that bad. What kind of headers do y'all recommend? Anything on CJ Pony parts or a website? What kind of headers? 

Thanks again,

Dave

I live in the Northeast and have never had to cut headers off. 

I'd recommend the Hooker 6921 for the 351C-2V engine. There's a pretty good chance that's what on their already. Summit, Jegs, CJ etc, they all sell them. 

HOOKERCOMP.JPG

If the headers are still solid you just need to have them blasted and ceramic coat to prevent rust and hold heat in. When you take them off run tap in the bolt holes and use anti seize on the bolts going back. Keeps them from locking up. You can get permatex anti seize at any part house. 

I have seen some information online that seems to point that there is an issue or special circumstances if your Mustang has power steering or not? Is this true and how do the headers interfere with power steering? Any idea? Mine has power steering.

Thanks everyone for the info.

I have seen some information online that seems to point that there is an issue or special circumstances if your Mustang has power steering or not? Is this true and how do the headers interfere with power steering? Any idea? Mine has power steering.
The information is from bad catalog applications listings. There are zero issues on a 71-73 with regards to the power steering system. The problem children are the 65-70 generation Mustang/Cougar and the 71 & earlier Torino/Montego/Falcon/Fairlane/Comet. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a set of Headerman ones on my Stang , they went in super easy (Left side just needed the engine lifted slightly to pass the PS , but once its in they solid. 

They also a fair amount cheaper then the others but I would get the coated ones. Got them from Summit.

Back