Grabber Lime 429 Mach Restoration Update - Interior

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 429 CJs: Grabber Lime, Grabber Blue, White, Dark Green Metallic (2), Pewter, Red Convertible 1972: Sprints (3), 1973: Pink Convertible (2)
Been a while since I last posted an update on the Grabber Lime Mach.  Am working my way through the interior and now have the headliner and roof moldings in, the dash has been painted and installed, and just finished up putting the package tray and moldings back in.   Will be working on the sail panels, interior quarter panels, installing the rear window and rear seats next. 

71 Lime160.jpg

71 Lime163.jpg

71 Lime164.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2304.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_4800.jpg

IMG_4801.jpg

IMG_4804.jpg

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else find this as motivating as I do? And maybe a fair bit of jealousy 

Nice job MIKE! 

Cops will be able to see you coming and going away. Might want to re-think that color and go to Camo with that 429. If it was me I know I couldnt keep my foot out of it.

Does anyone else find this as motivating as I do? And maybe a fair bit of jealousy 
Thanks, I hope this can help others.   There are days that I don't feel like working on it, but my theory is to do one thing a day (even if it is putting four nuts on to attach something), and after 30 days, then 30 more things are done.

Don't forget the shoulder harness holders that go into the interior headliner rail on each side.  I had to take mine back down as I forgot to put them in the first time.

kcmash

Don't forget the shoulder harness holders that go into the interior headliner rail on each side.  I had to take mine back down as I forgot to put them in the first time.

kcmash
Thanks for the reminder!!!  I actually have the holes poked for the four coat hooks and seat belt harnesses, just need to install them. 

Thank you for posting, Mike. Very nice work. And Grabber Lime, too. The best color in 71!!! Look forward to seeing it finished! 
I need to get my Grabber Blue one done sometime.  It also has argent on it like yours, but mine looks much different than your beautiful one!!!

71 CJ Blue.jpg

Mike: I remember your picture (of the Grabber Blue) from some years ago when I was looking around for 71 429 to restore. I also remember the picture you sent of the Grabber Lime 429 Mach when it was just sitting around, waiting for your hand of restoration. You've done a remarkable job. I found mine completely disassembled, just the shell, with all the parts, motor, tranny, etc., sitting in a basement. The Mach had been off the road since 1975. 

Mach 1 shell 4.jpg

Thanks for the reminder!!!  I actually have the holes poked for the four coat hooks and seat belt harnesses, just need to install them. 
I am actually talking about the wavy wire.

20200912_095057.jpg

This is used to help hold the shoulder harness up out of the way when stored.

This is used to help hold the shoulder harness up out of the way when stored.
Yep,  Got those.  But will have to install them probably the same way you did yours!!!

Are those paper clip-looking thingys reproduced?

I need a pair of those, my belts are flopping around behind me and its annoying...

I need to look but I had those at some point. I may have sold them with the seatbelts but I can't remember. If I find them I can let them go since I don't have a use for them anymore. The problem now is where in my garage could they be.
Let me know if you happen to find them, I'd probably be interested. It does look like you could fake them using a wire coat hanger. That wouldn't be the most jury-rigged thing in my car.

Mike

Latest posts

Back