71-72 front fenders

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure.  I have some used Ford I am willing to sell, but they are in Kansas City.

kcmash

I have used the dynacorn fenders.  One fit great, the other i had to work with. The curve did not match the fender extension at front of fender. I cut a couple slices in the fender, made the curve match then welded it all back together. Pain in the ass but the fit was perfect after that.  I probably could of let it go but i wanted those lines perfect. Had to do the same thing to a dynacorn quarter panel. 

2151965D-BE8D-46D6-B88D-F554C61C468D.jpeg

21B44DB4-1317-4CD0-9A93-360C6224E239.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Same with mine, except I didn't do anything to them hoping that the body shop would've made it all pretty.  There's a lesson learned: body shops will do the absolute minimum necessary to get the car shiny again... which will have such an effect on the owner that he will most likely miss all of the details they ignored and/or forgot to take care of.

People like Kevin are rare, and anybody who is lucky enough to find someone like Kevin to work on their cars are going to be extremely happy with the results and knowing it was done right.

I believe that my friend that does restores said the last 1968 mustang he did he had to cut one inch out of the left front fender. But if you look at my survivor 73 it looks like crap and is all original Ford panels that Ford installed. Nothing aligns, lots of dents from the inside out and where they put the roof on to the quarter panel looks like you stood and beat with a hammer. There are wrinkles in the roof at the rear window corners. They did not try to make perfect cars back the. I wish the did that now would be so much cheaper and run just as long.

Back