Trap door trunk floor brackets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
429CJ, 4 Speed, 3.25 Traction Lock N case, A/C, P/W, tilt, fold down seats, int. wipers, deluxe interior.
Im curious if there is anyone who knows where i can get these? I cant seem to find any repop ones and i have one saved but the other one didnt make it. Maybe its something i can fabricate? or are there anyone on this site that can cut one out of their junk trunk floor? haha! thanks!

bracket.jpg

I have a local guy that has 2 mustangs that might have that part. The trunks are pretty intact.. thing is I don't know what that part is lol. More pics perhaps?

I have a local guy that has 2 mustangs that might have that part. The trunks are pretty intact.. thing is I don't know what that part is lol. More pics perhaps?
 It holds the rubber in place that the trap door bracket clamps into when in the up position. 

I think I’ve got it figured out. The one pictured is the worst of the two..but I could use it if needed

Im curious if there is anyone who knows where i can get these? I cant seem to find any repop ones and i have one saved but the other one didnt make it. Maybe its something i can fabricate? or are there anyone on this site that can cut one out of their junk trunk floor? haha! thanks!

View attachment 44428
Hey Trevynd did you ever fabricate the trunk brackets?

I have the same "todo" and as I will replace the trunk floor prolly somewhere end of this year I'll have to make mine too.
I have already thought about it and bought 1.5mm sheet for that.

There's no rocket science involved to fab them, aside ensuring you are cutting the metal straight for a good look, 
the tricky part is only the second fold. So if of any help, may you'd go for it, here's how i plan to make mine...  I'd look or buy for a piece of metal that is as thick as the space between two folds and wide as the space between the two side. A piece of hard oak wood would do the trick too if you can't find a piece of metal.

Once you have your "star" cut flat and your holes for the spot welds done. You can put that metal in a vice with your "star" or (using a metal breaker) make both first 90 deg folds.
The help metal then squeezed/clamped  between the two, you can then with a piece of wood push them toward center and finish the last degrees with a hammer. (That's where having a metal piece behind would help to get a sharp line). The edge of the block acting as a metal breaker.

Here a quick view of my "plan" :D
Where, in green is an extra length, that will help to push in the second fold and help correct visually any misalignment after it's folded . Disc/cut after each of the too  folds.

Hope it helps

butterflyTrunk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can make these easily, but need s sample to work from. I had a set, but have been unable to locate them in my searches over the last couple months. Whoever sends me one to work from, I'll make you a new set and return the sample. 

Back