Where to buy the best patch panels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
I have small amounts of rust along the bottom of both front fenders, one door and both rockers and the rear fenders. My shop said it was not horrible but the best way to deal with it is to buy good quality patch panels and weld them in. So, any suggestions which of the repro sellers had the best quality parts at reasonable prices (or, alternatively, which brands/companies to stay away from. Thanks

Rich

72368481-770-0@2X.jpg

For the bottoms of front fenders and rear 1/4s I would say go buy a flat piece of the correct gage and patch that in.  Unless your lower mount is bad on the front fenders, I would replace as little as needed.

The rear 1/4, I got my patches from National Parts Depot I believe.  Goodmark has a good reputation if you can find their metal.  Talk to Don at Ohio  Mustang Supply.  He knows these cars and knows the replacement part quality.

For the rockers, I would be curious to see the damage as they were constructed of galvanized metal from the factory.  Chevys are known for bad rockers, 71 to 73 Mustangs are not.

Any pictures of what needs to be fixed?

kcmash

Back