Two Questions: Please tell me what these parts do (photos)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first picture is the heater control valve.  It's vacuum operated and connected to the heater control.  Basically, when you move the slider to heat, the valve opens to allow coolant flow to the heater core.

The second picture is the heater stove for a carb choke.

The first picture is the heater control valve.  It's vacuum operated and connected to the heater control.  Basically, when you move the slider to heat, the valve opens to allow coolant flow to the heater core.

The second picture is the heater stove for a carb choke.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Does every car have the heater stove thing? I've noticed that on my 71, non AC and always wondered what it was for.

Does it serve any purpose or can it just be removed since the choke is now connected to +12?

Does every car have the heater stove thing? I've noticed that on my 71, non AC and always wondered what it was for.

Does it serve any purpose or can it just be removed since the choke is now connected to +12?
I believe it was there on all small blocks to provide heat faster to the choke.. I don't know about the big block engines. Here is my 73 351C.

20170313_163529.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine is not hooked up. I too was running an electric choke.

Back