Seat Swap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesdeanblvd

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Fastback
Owned since: 1985 (first car)
351 Cleveland 4v
fmx trannsmission (for now)
I'm looking at swapping at least my front seats out with a newer model Mustang.  I know others have done it, I was just curious on what year they went with and any particular fitment issues that may arise?  I read somewhere where someone had even used front seats from something other than a Mustang and it looked really good, but, a year later and I can't seem to locate any of those threads now.  

I’ve seen fox body Gt seats swapped before. The 71-73 seat brackets bolt right up. I had the link before the new forum, can’t find it now.  Ryan

I’ve seen fox body Gt seats swapped before. The 71-73 seat brackets bolt right up. I had the link before the new forum, can’t find it now.  Ryan
Im going to have to test this out. I picked up a set of the 79-82 Mustang factory Recaro seats that Im hoping will bolt on to my tracks. If they do and they fit well I will see about getting them recovered since they are in kinda rough shape. 

Back