Site Timeout Time?

Question

Rocketfoot, I have a questions about the site login timeout. What is the timeout for inactivity on the site?  If you are logged in and walk away for a while how long before you get logged off? Also, Several times I have been logged in reading posts and then tried to do something and get a message that I have to be logged in -I thought I was but it appears that reading posts is not enough activity on the site to keep you logged in??

Thanks!

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

14 answers to this question

I've been logged in to my laptop, tablet and phone and I don't remember getting logged out of any of them.

Crap, I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Mike

OK, I double checked and there are no settings that would force log outs.  It would have ot be something with your browser privacy settings like clearing all cookies on exit or cookies turned off.  I cannot reproduce this...I stay logged in as long as let it wait with the forum opened or closed.

spacer.png

I can stay logged in on three devices for days, I've never been logged out. Desktop, laptop, and tablet are all running Microsoft 10, I use Edge, IE, Firefox, and Chrome with no problems.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

OK, I double checked and there are no settings that would force log outs.  It would have ot be something with your browser privacy settings like clearing all cookies on exit or cookies turned off.  I cannot reproduce this...I stay logged in as long as let it wait with the forum opened or closed.

Okay, thanks for checking. It may be a browser setting causing it if others are not having the issue.

1973 Mustang convertible, F code w/ C4, stock survivor with refresh in progress. Blue glow w/ Blue Comfortweave interior.

If you have a laptop, it may shut down a variety of power devices at a pre-set time of no activity to conserve battery power.  Check your power settings.  I can see the laptop disabling the wireless to save power.

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

Flamicon2.jpg

http://www.7173mustangs.com/banners/oldfart.png

2 hours ago, goodnigh said:

I was in the middle of submitting a reply to a forum and got logged off.

mike

There isn't anything in our settings that could make it log off in the middle of posting.  You can try hitting ctrl + F5 to clear your browser cache but other than that, it almost has to be something with the PC or browser.

Mike, did it completely sign you out or did you get bounced out of the post your were making - back to the index page maybe?

spacer.png

6 hours ago, RocketFoot said:

There isn't anything in our settings that could make it log off in the middle of posting.  You can try hitting ctrl + F5 to clear your browser cache but other than that, it almost has to be something with the PC or browser.

Mike, did it completely sign you out or did you get bounced out of the post your were making - back to the index page maybe?

Signed me out.  I am trying a different browser, Edge.  Let you know.

Let this logon stew for a while and see.  Back to Fox News.

spacer.png

This is really getting off on a tangent, ever watch the movie Tucker and Dale vs Evil?

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

On 9/24/2020 at 4:46 AM, goodnigh said:

I was in the middle of submitting a reply to a forum and got logged off.

mike

Okay, I was reading posts on the site and then went back to read another one and got this error message. I'm researching if this is a Firefox setttings issue or something else on my computer but just wanted to pass along what I get.

Error page.PNG

On 9/23/2020 at 11:45 AM, Don C said:

I can stay logged in on three devices for days, I've never been logged out. Desktop, laptop, and tablet are all running Microsoft 10, I use Edge, IE, Firefox, and Chrome with no problems.

Same here. It is probably something to do with the browser settings or some type of cookie stuff!

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes