braided hose kit install process

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharpstang72

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
351C 2v, 4bbl,FMX, 9" Rear 3.50 gears
Hey guys,

Just bought a braided hose kit to make all the hoses look nice and I have no idea where to begin. What should I use to cut it? Cut off wheel? Scissors, dremel?I don't want it to fray or unwrap. Do I need specific tools? I wanna do it right & clean w/o ruining the braid. Are the clamps holding the braid and the hose once installed? Any links available? This is a kit where I have to do all the measuring and cutting before sliding it over the hose.

Thanks in advane.

Some tape around the hose and a thin cut off wheel will work. Hack saw will work too. Some guys use a sharpened cold chisel and a piece of aluminum stock a chop the end. I haven't tried it that way.

A buddy if mine swears by these for assembly. I haven't tried this either but will get one (or borrow his) if I ever have the time and money to upgrade to braided hose.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Koul-Tools-Braided-Hose-Installation-Tool,4775.html

You don't have to buy the kit. If you have only one size you can buy the individual tool for that size.

use a tool, its Very easy to mare up the fittings or worse cut yourself.

I used braided lines once and did not enjoy the experience of installing them currently i just use braided line on my holley double pump to connect the front and rear fuel bowls and the rest of my fuel system is normal rubber hose.

Guys, he has the braided dress up kit, not the Aeroquip braided stainless hoses...

The manufacturer of the kit should have included some sort of instruction sheet, I would assume? If not, visit their website or drop them an email...

Back