Valve Cover brackets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like what're on my 302. They are brackets/supports for the engine wire harness. I have one on each side of each valve cover

The wires are zip tied to a connector that sticks into the hole :

wire_brace.png

That looks like what're on my 302. They are brackets/supports for the engine wire harness. I have one on each side of each valve cover

The wires are zip tied to a connector that sticks into the hole :

View attachment 44697
Thanks for reply!  So I must be missing the clips that goes in the holes... I wonder if anyone has a picture that shows how it looked originally with the wires in it? I don't think I have ever seen them used so they must have been easily broken ??

Does anyone have a picture of what wires running through these holders?

The main wire bundle for the coil, water sensor, oil sensor etc currently lays down between the edge of intake manifold and the vavle cover. Are they suppose to be  attached to these holder?  On the passenger side did the vacuum line get attached to them??

Thanks,

The main wire bundle for the coil, water sensor, oil sensor etc currently lays down between the edge of intake manifold and the vavle cover. Are they suppose to be  attached to these holder?  On the passenger side did the vacuum line get attached to them??

Thanks,
That's the way mine is set up. They lay along the holder and are zip tied to it.

I'm out of town so I can't post a picture until tomorrow.

Mike

Thanks,

Vacuum lines were not clipped to the valve covers. The white plastic clips are wrapped on the original harness, see circled below. 

Pic below, the upper right clip pops into the rearmost bracket on driver side. Large bundle runs down driver's side. Clip with arrow pops into front bracket, that's on the oil pressure sender wire. Electric choke wire runs across back of intake and down passenger side. 

73engine302.JPG

Vacuum lines were not clipped to the valve covers. The white plastic clips are wrapped on the original harness, see circled below. 

Pic below, the upper right clip pops into the rearmost bracket on driver side. Large bundle runs down driver's side. Clip with arrow pops into front bracket, that's on the oil pressure sender wire. Electric choke wire runs across back of intake and down passenger side. 

View attachment 44728
Thanks for additional details on the wires (clips are part of the harness),  that helps!  Was there anything holding the vacuum lines on the passenger side or did they just lay on the top of the intake? The passenger side valve cover had bracket also so was wondering what it was used for.

Passenger cover bracket was for the electric choke power wire, don't remember if any of the vacuum lines were clipped in place. 

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the wire loom routing clips that typically hold the wire to the valve cover brackets.  They come in various sizes.  Usually the small ones are what's used.

505150-1.png

Thanks to everyone for all this great info! I'm looking at replacing this harness on my '73 302, since so many of the wires are in rough shape and it's been laying on top of the engine for who knows how long. Would anyone know where to find these brackets, or what a part number would be for them?

Thanks to everyone for all this great info! I'm looking at replacing this harness on my '73 302, since so many of the wires are in rough shape and it's been laying on top of the engine for who knows how long. Would anyone know where to find these brackets, or what a part number would be for them?
Sorry I missed your earlier post. I tried finding anything that references a part number for the bracket but didn't find it in the books I have, maybe someone with more in-depth parts catalogs would be able to find. You may want to check with Don @ OMS or MotorCity Mike to see if they have them from parts cars.

Back