Well this sucks...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
31 Model A Station Wagon “Woody”
69 Mach 1 - 351C
72 Mach 1 - 351C
96 Cobra Convertible
Fortunately, our Expedition took care of my wife and she is mostly OK, but The Beast is totaled.  My wife was driving home from work, only 2 blocks from home, a girl ran a red light and t-boned my wife.  No brake application whatsoever.  The Beast must have spun like a top as it was on its side and every wheel Is broken with significant pavement damage (Or completely busted off as the right rear).  Only 26,000 miles and 6 years old (a 2014).  We are really going to miss The Beast, she was a great truck.  Now I am getting ready for a slugfest with some insurance representative over value.  Wish us luck.

8B7A2540-090A-401E-9C5C-4D8133B7084F.jpeg

692B2EC7-6466-4969-B8AF-ED87E48C42CB.jpeg

21FA87D2-6B3C-4CCD-BACE-5C1A287BEE59.png

Hope your wife is OK? Dag nab it............ was the person on a cell phone when she ran the light?  You can replace the BEAST.

Glad your wife is ok!  

What the hell is wrong with people these days?  I've been rear ended twice in two months.  I hadn't even gotten the first car back from being fixed when I got hit in our second car (luckily neither car was our 71 Mach 1).  Both cases, they were using their phones while driving.

Wow... first of all glad to hear everyone is okay. That was a hell of an impact to create so much damage. Scary that it could happen to anyone. The other car must have been going pretty fast. What car was the other one?

Sorry  to hear.  The damage speaks for itself when it comes to how hard she was hit.   Glad that your wife seems to be ok.  I wouldn't settle with the other insurance as far as any injury for several months until you are sure your wife is ok.  As far as the car, pucker up because they are going to try to put it to you.  Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad she is not hurt, this is a case of more is better. Usually bigger wins, don’t know what the other vehicle was but probably looked worse. Hope insurance takes care of it appropriately.

Glad she is good. Stick with your guns on the the car value. I have wanted to get an outside speaker and have a recording of tires squealing and horn honking. Hit the button when you see someone on phone texting and watch them quiver. 
There was 4 of us on the way to a meeting with John Deere one morning on the 5 lanes around Charlotte. This woman was pulling hairs out of her upper lip with mirror and tweezers while driving. We rode beside her until she finally looked at us all dying laughing. What an idiot.

Last March, I was hit in an intersection while making a left turn, by a gal who ran the red light, and never hit her brakes. Thank God the insurance company covered it and my body man is a friggin' genius/artist.

But what do I expect??????? I live in Los Angeles, California. I've lived here my whole life, and in the last say, 10 to 15 years, this place has become infested with the wealthy entitled, and their don't give a shit kids. Just driving  here is an exercise in defensive driving. Every nut sack in his/her BMW/ Challenger/late Mustang has yanked the catalytic converters off and drive like an 80s cocaine addict. I'm pretty tolerant, but now, SoCal is ruined. A move away is in my future.

With a name like Spike Morelli and that Hollywood smile in your profile pic, I can’t think of where else you could possibly fit in!

I still think Kansas City is most underrated city in the US.  Of course if people knew what we have it may end up like other places that people want to move out of.

kcmash

Wife is doing better but having some ongoing back pain and still has a nasty bruise on her arm.  We made a trip to Vegas to buy another Expedition yesterday.  Let me introduce “New Doug”...my wife is going to call it “Thor” though.  New Doug has 21,000 miles and a few new safety features.  Insurance companies suck, tomorrow I get to argue with some insurance pencil pusher over the settlement value.  Their ‘comps’ have 80K and 105K miles respectively and were priced at the same they offered us.  Wish me luck.

4D6BA088-D42C-4B8E-A4D5-70F2632E3389.jpeg

The other car was a Kia sedan. It was a goner too, but it didn’t look as bad because the damage was limited to just the front end.  As for use of the phone, i strongly suspect the other driver was on their phone/texting or something to run a red without braking.

Good luck tomorrow with the insurance company.  Not that I'm big in suing people but I would try to find out if they were on the phone texting.  If so I get a lawyer and go after them big time.  I feel that driving and texting is just as dangerous as drinking and driving.  Could try to have your insurance company look into it.    You see way to many people now days with their eyes looking down at their phone while driving and not paying attention to the road.  I think the auto industry in conjunction with the phone companies should put some type of blocker in vehicles that would disable phones other than the 911 number or at least disable texting while driving. Mankind lived just fine driving without them for over 100 years.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Back