So glad to have this done! 
all sorts of goodies

New rebuild kit (bearings, needles, seals, gaskets, o-rings, synchros, snap rings) 

New 2nd, 3rd, 4th (input) gear

New 1-2 and 3-4 slider assembly 

Had it sand blasted down to bare cast, primed and sealed with duplicolor engine paint (cast iron color) 

Filled with fresh 80w-90.

First time every doing this, huge thanks to you guys as well as the “work bench how to” books.

8F1DA6F2-61D5-49FF-8B06-5FC9EB1AFEBB.jpeg

• Like 2

Just make sure when you get it in the car to double check the gear lube level.  I know from experience that they run quieter and shift easier with oil in them versus dry.

kcmash

• Like 1

By chance did you spread a dab of RTV around the mating surface of the tailshaft and output shaft seal when you banged in it?  I replaced my seal twice and the gear oil found a way to seep out between the two surfaces.  Third time was a charm with a dab of RTV.

• Like 1

Jason (71 Mach 1, 351C 4V, 4 Spd. Toploader, Grabber Blue)

On 9/28/2020 at 7:37 AM, trillizo_y_uno said:

By chance did you spread a dab of RTV around the mating surface of the tailshaft and output shaft seal when you banged in it?  I replaced my seal twice and the gear oil found a way to seep out between the two surfaces.  Third time was a charm with a dab of RTV.

Why yes I did! 

• Like 1