Mini console installation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
2000 F250-SD
2001 H-D FLTR
2004 GMC Denali
I purchased a mini console/consolette with opening for clock.  I have converted the car from a C6 to a toploader.  I have purchased the rubber boot, and the filler plate, as well as the mini console. Setting the console directly on the transmission tunnel, I have about a 3/4" gap between the console mounting holes, and the mounting holes on the tunnel. This is without the rubber boot or filler plate installed. The console does not form to the tunnel along the sides, as does the long console.

Am I missing some pieces to the puzzle?  I would assume the boot would be installed first, followed by the filler plate, and then the console. However, as stated above, with just the console resting on the tunnel it does not look correct.  It also looks as if i may need to remove the center of my dash to drill for the front mounting tabs of the console that will locate under the dash.

Thanks for any help

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

Yeah, sorry you got ripped.  If you want a mini console, I have one that is refreshed and ready to install. I'm in Canada, but if interested, PM me to work out price and shipping..

I have seen where others have taken a long console and shortened it by cutting it off at the ashtray and filling in the end, so if you can get a broken long console, but with a good front end, you could make your own and have the clock. Just a thought.

IMG_0837.1.JPG

IMG_0838.1.JPG

IMG_0839.1.JPG

Back