Update video #6

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I have seen someone wear safety glasses to do commentary, then take them off for grinding and drilling. Just an observation.

First time I have seen someone wear safety glasses to do commentary, then take them off for grinding and drilling. Just an observation.
Haha! Totally different days and times, this video was shot over a couple weeks and to be quite honest I simply forgot and put them on right after that last clip. 

I knew someone would give me hell about that ;) rest assured tho, I had them on.. that quick clip tho I had been going back and forth from welding to grinding and just forgot to grab them. 

not an excuse tho, I do like to be safe.

Once again another great video.  You are making a lot of progress and it is starting to show.  I envy the fact that your wife is able to work along side of you.  What a great way to be restoring your car.   Keep up the good work.  PS - if you get tired of your wife you can send her my way - I'll even pay the air fare.   :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again another great video.  You are making a lot of progress and it is starting to show.  I envy the fact that your wife is able to work along side of you.  What a great way to be restoring your car.   Keep up the good work.  PS - if you get tired of your wife you can send her my way - I'll even pay the air fare.   :biggrin:
Seriously, it's great your wife is along for the ride.  Literally.  My wife will "allow" me to cart her around for a drive once in awhile...

Seriously, it's great your wife is along for the ride.  Literally.  My wife will "allow" me to cart her around for a drive once in awhile...
Same here. I do get her help when bleeding the brakes as long as the temperature is right and she has internet access and it is not too late and it doesn't take too long and it doesn't smell like oil and it is not in the middle of her TV shows and the mood is right!

Same here. I do get her help when bleeding the brakes as long as the temperature is right and she has internet access and it is not too late and it doesn't take too long and it doesn't smell like oil and it is not in the middle of her TV shows and the mood is right!
I couldn't have said it better myself.  Sounds like we are married to the same woman.  :lollerz:

Great to see how great things are going. Just to jog your memory don't forget the brackets for spare tire and to center the gas tank under the trunk. Keep pushing wish I had your youth.
Thanks! I actually decided not to use the spare tire bracket and will keep it nice and open. 

I did align the gas tank before we welded everything in to make sure all was good, which it was! 

im definitely going as fast as I can because I so badly want this done! 

long hours but with the help of my wife and friends it’s been going great 

Awesome video. Great job so far. Your welder looks to know what he is doing. Very nice clean work. That car is gonna be very nice. One thing I would recommend would be to weld the floor pan patch in flush and not do an overlap. That way no one will ever know the floor pan was patched. It you overlap it anyone looking under the car will be able to spot that seam. Other than that, car is awesome!! Keep up the good work. Can’t wait to see more progress. 

Awesome video. Great job so far. Your welder looks to know what he is doing. Very nice clean work. That car is gonna be very nice. One thing I would recommend would be to weld the floor pan patch in flush and not do an overlap. That way no one will ever know the floor pan was patched. It you overlap it anyone looking under the car will be able to spot that seam. Other than that, car is awesome!! Keep up the good work. Can’t wait to see more progress. 
 Thanks! Yes he’s great! It doesn’t show in the video but it was all flush for the floor pan. 
He has this cool trick where he overlaps slightly then uses it as a guide for his air saw that when he cuts gives the perfect width for the butweld. 

he did really well on the cowl as well. Super impressed with his work. And the rear quarter panel section, can’t even tell! 

Nice!  That's exactly how I do my butt welds. That way even if you cut the piece not so straight, it doesnt matter because its a perfect match cutting through both pieces.  Car is looking great! 

Yes the overlap and cut to match is pretty much the way all good shops do it. Those that just overlap and weld suck. The problem is most repo panels do not match the Ford panels 100% and you have to heat and beat into alignment. You want some gap in there or the panels will heat up expand and push each other apart. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back