Primer and paint!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great.   At the rate you are going you will have have it done by Christmas at the latest.  
I was looking at other posts of yours about interior installation. Seems to be certain orders of things. 

I still have body work and suspension I wanna tackle first but I believe I’ve got dome light wiring and roof insulation soon. 

Awesome progress!!! Looks great.  

Don't forget to remove the door striker, no one wants a painted striker. Also on the rear tail light panel, there are 8 holes that need to be welded shut as they are for 73 only. I made the same mistake on the yellow mach 1 I did.  Someone luckily saw it before it got to paint and I was able to weld them up and reprime that area.  Here is a pic of the holes I'm talking about. The shiny spots are where the holes got welded up. 

DC9CC016-B818-45FA-87BA-A416B5A7A0DF.jpeg

B0BF900E-4F51-478D-B28C-57089E0A8758.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at other posts of yours about interior installation. Seems to be certain orders of things. 

I still have body work and suspension I wanna tackle first but I believe I’ve got dome light wiring and roof insulation soon. 
The below link should help you some.  Wiring the dash up on a stand is a must.  Before you put the headliner in put the screws in for the visors, hallo and coat hanger hooks so you don't have to try and find the holes after you have it installed.  Then you just make a small slice to remove the screws and attach the trim.   Also the same for where the seat belts attach at the roof.   

Great progress! Ryan 

Don't forget to remove the door striker, no one wants a painted striker. Also on the rear tail light panel, there are 8 holes that need to be welded shut as they are for 73 only. I made the same mistake on the yellow mach 1 I did.  Someone luckily saw it before it got to paint and I was able to weld them up and reprime that area.  Here is a pic of the holes I'm talking about. The shiny spots are where the holes got welded up. 

View attachment 44835

View attachment 44834
 That’s funny you mention that I just had someone tell me! 
I’ll be sure to weld those up! Thanks for the tips!

and I guess I need to get my honey comb back piece so I can make the holes 

The below link should help you some.  Wiring the dash up on a stand is a must.  Before you put the headliner in put the screws in for the visors, hallo and coat hanger hooks so you don't have to try and find the holes after you have it installed.  Then you just make a small slice to remove the screws and attach the trim.   Also the same for where the seat belts attach at the roof.   
Brilliant tips!

yes this is def the post i was reading, lots of good info here. so glad. 

View attachment 44835

View attachment 44834

View attachment 44835

View attachment 44834

View attachment 44835

View attachment 44834
just did a little looking and doesnt the bumper cover those holes anyways? i could always get little plugs to go in there also right? or is it just about keeping things how they should be? or more importantly, keeping water out haha

Back