Plastic piece between fender and cowl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knn

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 (302)
Sorry for the weak description, but I don't know how else to describe them.  I've seen them other people's cars, but my car doesn't have them.  Anyone have any pictures and/or know where to get them (one for each side).  

Thanks,

Nick

Are you taking about the splash shields or the 71 only “unicorn” part that goes up by the cowl?  I have seen that someone is making new fender unicorn wings now to the tune of $250 a pair

Are you taking about the splash shields or the 71 only “unicorn” part that goes up by the cowl?  I have seen that someone is making new fender unicorn wings now to the tune of $250 a pair
It's not the splash shield, it goes up by the cowl.  So I'm assuming they're called "71 only unicorn" parts :)  Do you know what they're really called?

$250/pair is crazy.

I do not know what they are really called.  I do have both of the originals off my 71’ but they are evading me at the moment.  It was within the last 2 months that the repop ones became available.  They look very nice, I saw them on one of the Facebook 71-73 groups.  Got to sell a kidney though for a part that will never be seen.

These?

Got both but only the two passenger side plastic covers that goes near extensions. They are flat tho, making copies for the other side should not be too much of a challenge.

But yeah, plastic gold! 

plastic-gold.jpg

Back