Frame stiffener set up for 1971 fastback? Anyone have a good solution?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be working on some new ones this winter. All the current made ones do not use great materials and can be much stonger. They use the softest cheapest steel and yes they help but can be much better. I want to make them and make patterns that will be free no charge. Too many are wanting to gain not support those that enjoy the cars. 

Holman &Moody would cut out the top of the rockers and install tubing ,torque box to torque box,weld it in then reinstall the top of the rocker.I have never liked the aftermarket subframe connectors apart from being ugly,the floor support rails are just that.The strength in the car is front rails,out to TBs,rockers,TBs,frame rails.

Holman &Moody would cut out the top of the rockers and install tubing ,torque box to torque box,weld it in then reinstall the top of the rocker.I have never liked the aftermarket subframe connectors apart from being ugly,the floor support rails are just that.The strength in the car is front rails,out to TBs,rockers,TBs,frame rails.
I wish I would have thought about this a few year ago when I redid my floors. It would have been a good time to reinforce the floor rails.

Thank you all.  I will look into your options.  Not going to have huge HP in my car but want a solid ride.  

Tim

I have the Total Control Product subframe connectors on my ‘69.  There is one connector on each side going from the front to rear rail, then an x-brace that bolts in between them.  Above that there is the typical export brace and monte-Carlo bar.  I have to say the export brace and M/C bar were the best investments I made for that particular car.  The ‘72 could stand for the subframe connectors—these things have a lot of flex.

I will be working on a new sub frame connector and also roll cage for 71 - 73. I will be using the new steels that are two to four times stronger than what is currently used and do not have weld issues. Most if not all of the connectors us CRS nothing alloy. The UHSS Ultra High Strength Steel I am going to use is 4 times stronger than CRS.
It looks like cold weather is going to shut me down on body and paint so I will move on to the connectors and roll bars. I was automotive product, process, and tooling engineer and used the UHSS on many projects in cars and farm equipment.

Back