CORBEAU SEATS & CUSTOM BRACKETS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
I have just acquired a 1971 Mach 1 and setting out on a restomod to make this vehicle something different and special.
This forum is my choice as 71-73 models are not popular in Australia and information is difficult to find.
My VIN: 1F05M218422
It will be along the lines of one in Japan.
(http://www.speedhunters.com/author/2281434115/)
Hi Guys,

Once again seeking your advice on seats for 71 MACH 1 .

I am interested in finding some upmarket seats as part of my

restoration - I have found these and would like to know if any member has

fitted these.

They are pretty well priced for what they appear to be so any further information or

comments most welcome.

Mel (Melbourne, Australia)

20200606_102120.jpg

Yes- But I am going with Recaro seats instead.  Griffin motorwerke in Berkeley CA U.S.A. may be some help.  They sell brackets that seem to be pretty nice, and whoever they get them from has a specific 71-73 Mustang bracket.

I picked up the seat brackets from Griffin Motorworke today.  Nicely fabricated pieces.  They fit like a glove.  Not positive if they would work with sliders other than the Recaro style.

image.jpg

086EB173-D132-4827-8A39-0833F6FC1D8B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The brackets look good. Im looking forward to seeing what seats you got and how they look in the car. I had been looking at corbeaus but found a set of the Foxbody Mustang Recaros and going to have them recovered to try and match the originals a bit more.

The brackets look good. Im looking forward to seeing what seats you got and how they look in the car. I had been looking at corbeaus but found a set of the Foxbody Mustang Recaros and going to have them recovered to try and match the originals a bit more.
I should have the seats in about 2 months.  The lead time on them was 12-14 weeks.  Once they show up I'll make a separate thread.  I'm pretty excited about the Recaro seats.

Back