LEG ROOM

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dblanch77

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Grande coupe
Hey guys new to the forum. What are the my options to get more leg room? I’m 6 4 and can hardly fit in my wife’s 72. I suggested swapping the steering wheel but she said nah. I was thinking seat extender brackets but don’t see any for our years, don’t look to hard to make a set. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I cut my seat pan off the floor and moved it back a couple inches and welded it back down.  Much more comfortable.   Pretty easy to do if your handy with a welder.  The seat extenders can work also if you can fabricate them. 

I am 6'5" and I am comfortable in mine. I do have tilt columns in all of them. You might try sitting in someone's car with tilt and see if it fits better. I am tall and pretty slim about 175 lbs. I was 235 but lost a bunch of weight and never tried to. 71 & 72 tilt column same 73 has different turn signal wiring but can be changed. If you buy one be sure it is all there and not broken inside where it pivots. Make sure you get the forged parts on the rag joint and you can rebuild that. Also the floor plate around the tilt is also different. Cougar is also the same. 

Back