Searching for engine components.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
I know several of you guys build some hot 351 C. I am trying to gather all the pieces I need for my track days car. I was checking into getting some of the Yates and Roush parts that are ran for one race then sold. I know nothing about the parts out there today been out of it too long. I can get 8 connecting rods for $175 - $265 They have Arrow, Lentz and Carrillo. Can also get a Ford motorsports aluminum water pump DOZX with roller bearing instead of ball for $195. Might be able to get Jesel roller lifters for $289. a set used for one dyno run never on track. 
What rod length are you using for the stokers? Do not know that I want to go to that yet stock or stroker.

The Titanium exhaust valves are as low as $70 a set for one time on track valves. But they do not have Cleveland size what they use now are smaller. Can get balancer sometimes but none now. 

I have had zero luck on dry sump oil system just new one that is over $3,000. Going to talk to one other guy that has access to the old NASCAR used parts. 

On the fuel injection systems what seems to work best right now? Can't spend a fortune but want it to be running right. 

I have good standard bore 4 bolt block and 1970 CC heads and stock crank for build. 

I have been putting off visit to my engine guy with the virus going but need to go next week and get his opinions since he built NASCAR for year since back in the 60's. He got a visit from DEA once. They were finding his race engines in off shore boats running drugs, lol. They were buying his engines to run their drugs boats on. He did put decals on the valve covers of his engines is how they tracked him down. He got into no trouble. He just sold engines to anyone that had the money.

You know SCCA did not allow dry sumps until the 71 season.Before that the Bud Moore cars used a huge widened baffled pan with 2 pick up tubes.One on the oil pump and the other on a scavenge pump so the oil didn't pile up in the corners.Cleveland oiling systems in stock form aren't very good. why not do a Windsor based Clevor?

Try Jay Cushman in Maine, he's always buying and selling 351C race parts.   https://cushmancompetition.com/new/

If you're doing a weekend fun road course car, a simple road race wet sump pan will do just fine. Canton used to make a road race pan for the 351C - 15-730, but they recycled the number into a 5.0 Coyote RR pan. Maybe you could find one used on eBay etc. They will build you one through their custom department, or call the Moroso custom dept. Combine that with restrictors appropriate to the cam style being run, *maybe* bush the lifter bores and plumb an Accumulator into the system. You'll have an oil system more reliable than a dry sump setup at 1/10th the cost. 

Thanks for the replies. Not much out there it seems. I am only doing track days not in competition for Trans Am. I was watching some of the current road race today in England and a 63 galaxie had the best time beat out the micro cars, even a nini cooper could not stay with it, was amazing to see. 
I just want to go fast and not blow the engine.

Back