It arrived - and I'm mortified....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
.... the mirror fell off during the trip.  :classic_huh: ....and battery was flatter than a witches tit  :classic_dry:

He arrived yesterday ... so I'm BACK ! ! ! !

The only real items that are exciting my OCD is...

the shifter seems looser than my green one,
passenger door is tight - it needs a little more heft to shut it (all the weatherstrip is new I noticed) 
The ignition leads are a bit yukky -- I'm swapping those 
Fuel filter close to carb has a slow drip - pipe is a bit perished 

Nice bits 

It is clear that this has been super loved

No oil -trans-differential leaks ... I always had a little pink drip and some diff fluid on the garage floor with my old one if I hadn't run it up in a week
Oil is new clean clear - residue free 
even the Buzzer works when you leave key in, my green one was dead,
it has long headers on ...OMFG is this loud - it has a different engine note comparing  with greenie. 
Firewall and floors are rock sold with me going around with magnet and a hammer. 
They left photos of restoration in trunk and engine /trans rebuild (i'll post those up once I've scanned them)

I've ordered Marti 

Goes on high lift soon for safety inspection _ more pics to come. 

eng bay.jpg

mach - side.jpg

red1.jpg

mirror.jpg

Int1.jpg

Yes indeed, it looks pretty good. I'm sure you'll be happy with it and have lots of "fun" sorting it out and making it yours.

All the best and more photo's and info please.

Looks great!!  Welcome back...I bet you'll have lots to blog about now!!

Looks great!!  Welcome back...I bet you'll have lots to blog about now!!
Yeah, the sleepless nights  - the stress of having all your investment bouncing about on the Atlantic ...
On my Green one, when the tracker said the ship location was just north of the Bermuda Islands ... I was thinking... will the reason for loss - "abducted by aliens", be acceptable on the insurance claim form  :whistling:

This red one took the same passage as Titanic ...so you can imagine what thoughts were in my head. . aaarrghh

Mirror, they make glue just for that purpose. Check your local auto store. There is a little "pad" that is glued to the windscreen. this should still be in the mirror base, undo the screw and slip it out. Follow the direction for the glue.. If that doesn't work try a nail!

Congrats on you getting it in only 2 pieces. :biggrin:   Glad it made it ok and it looks really nice.   Happy for you and to see you are back among us stang lovers.

Congrats!! Dude post detail pics when you can and you made reference to the sound, Please if you can post a short vid with it running so we can hear it!

Car looks Great!!!

Great looking car. Good luck with the mirror. I tried three different glues following the instructions to a tee with no long-term luck. 
So !!!!!!!!!       ...we're in to melting down a horse to get my Mirror ( in best possible American ...."Meeeuuuuurr" ) to stay in place .... right ...where's Trigger, Tornado or  Silver, ? 

...for all you old has-been's, fed on 1960's TV ....just like meeee  :biggrin:

So !!!!!!!!!       ...we're in to melting down a horse to get my Mirror ( in best possible American ...."Meeeuuuuurr" ) to stay in place .... right ...where's Trigger, Tornado or  Silver, ? 

...for all you old has-been's, fed on 1960's TV ....just like meeee  :biggrin:
Here is what I used when my mirror stub fell off...

https://www.permatex.com/products/specialized-maintenance-repair/rearview-mirror-repair/permatex-rearview-mirror-adhesive-kit/?locale=en_us

Back