It arrived - and I'm mortified....

Nice looking toy you have there :thumb:

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Yes indeed, it looks pretty good. I'm sure you'll be happy with it and have lots of "fun" sorting it out and making it yours.

All the best and more photo's and info please.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

looks like a really nice ride! Congratulations! Enjoy it!

Cheers Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Sweet! I used to have that problem with the rear view mirror all the time with one of my cars.

• Like 1

1F03M, Maroon,Blk Int,Wht Top,A/C,Rim Blow,Posi

1F03M, Maroon,Wht/Wht,PW

1F03M, GrbrLime,Wht/Wht,A/C,CA Car

1F03M, Drk Green,Grn/Blk,4-Spd,Tach,R/A,Tilt,Rim Blow,PW

1F03M, Drk Grn,Blk/Blk,4-Spd,Tach,A/C,Tilt,Rim Blow,Mgnms

1F03M, Black,Wht,Wht,Tach,Posi

1F03M, Brown,Ginger,Blk,4-Spd,R/A,Tach

1F03M, Pewter,Blk,Blk,4-Spd,A/C,R/A,Tach,Mgnms

2F03R, GrabberBlue,Wht,Wht,Dcr Grp,Tach

2F03R, Brgt Blue,Wht,Wht,Dcr Grp,Tach

2F03Q, Red,Wht,Wht,Rim Blow,A/C,Tach,Conv.Grp,DcrGrp,Stripes,Mgnms

2F03Q, Rd,Rd,Blk,Rim Blow,A/C,Tach

2F03Q, Brgt Lime(Orig. Gld Glw),Blk,Blk,A/C,P/W,Tilt,Conv Grp,Dcr Grp

2F03Q, Grbr Blue,(Orig. Brt Blue)Wht, Wht,4-Spd,Tach,A/C

3F03Q, (2) Gold Glow(one Blk int,one Ginger int),both 4-Spd,Tach,Dcr Grp,Stripes,TuTone Hood,Frgd Whls

3F03Q,BluGlow,Blu,Wht,4Spd,A/C,Tach,DcrGrp,Stripes,TT,Frgd Whls

3F03Q, Copper,Gngr,Blk,4Spd,Tach,DcrGrp,Stripes,T-T,Frgd Whls

3F03Q, Trpl Wht,A/C,P/W,Tilt,Tach

3F03Q, Spcl Ordr Black,Blk,Wht,Tach

3F03Q, Spcl Order Purple,Wht,Wht,A/C,Tach,Tilt,P/W,Frgd Whls

And 10 more verts, 2 Boss 351s and 1 M-code Mach I! :D

1 hour ago, RocketFoot said:

Looks great!!  Welcome back...I bet you'll have lots to blog about now!!

Yeah, the sleepless nights  - the stress of having all your investment bouncing about on the Atlantic ...
On my Green one, when the tracker said the ship location was just north of the Bermuda Islands ... I was thinking... will the reason for loss - "abducted by aliens", be acceptable on the insurance claim form :whistling:

This red one took the same passage as Titanic ...so you can imagine what thoughts were in my head. . aaarrghh

• Like 1

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

32 minutes ago, kevken1959 said:

Sweet! I used to have that problem with the rear view mirror all the time with one of my cars.

Oh KevKen .... what is the best method of nailing one's mirror back on the glass? 

all the best 

Al 

wizzy.jpg

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

Mirror, they make glue just for that purpose. Check your local auto store. There is a little "pad" that is glued to the windscreen. this should still be in the mirror base, undo the screw and slip it out. Follow the direction for the glue.. If that doesn't work try a nail!

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Congrats on you getting it in only 2 pieces.:biggrin:  Glad it made it ok and it looks really nice.   Happy for you and to see you are back among us stang lovers.

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Congrats!! Dude post detail pics when you can and you made reference to the sound, Please if you can post a short vid with it running so we can hear it!

Car looks Great!!!

Glad she made the trip safely. It must have been nerve racking. Looks like she was well represented by the seller.

Good luck and have fun!  :thumb:

Mike

Great looking car. Good luck with the mirror. I tried three different glues following the instructions to a tee with no long-term luck. 

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

30 minutes ago, tony-muscle said:

Great looking car. Good luck with the mirror. I tried three different glues following the instructions to a tee with no long-term luck. 

So !!!!!!!!!       ...we're in to melting down a horse to get my Mirror ( in best possible American ...."Meeeuuuuurr" ) to stay in place .... right ...where's Trigger, Tornado or  Silver, ? 

...for all you old has-been's, fed on 1960's TV ....just like meeee :biggrin:

wizzy.jpg

Of all the adhesives for affixing the rear view mirror, the longest lasting one for me is the "kit" produced by Permatex and sold at NAPA. 

• Like 2

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

2 hours ago, 1sostatic said:

So !!!!!!!!!       ...we're in to melting down a horse to get my Mirror ( in best possible American ...."Meeeuuuuurr" ) to stay in place .... right ...where's Trigger, Tornado or  Silver, ? 

...for all you old has-been's, fed on 1960's TV ....just like meeee :biggrin:

Here is what I used when my mirror stub fell off...

https://www.permatex.com/products/specialized-maintenance-repair/rearview-mirror-repair/permatex-rearview-mirror-adhesive-kit/?locale=en_us

• Like 2

spacer.png

Looks great. I'm glad it survived the trans-Atlantic trip. Those mirrors are guaranteed to fall off every decade or so!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Nice,...really nice. I used to run those Goodyear Eagle STs. I really liked them. Goodyear stopped making them in the 14" sizes, so I buy BF Goodrich Radial TAs now, which do fine, it's just that I've always been a "Goodyear type of guy".

a_red_one.jpg.e32434397a113e934e18fe0805843cb1.jpg

Congrats, looks like a solid car with a very nice colour! (no everybody will agree tho)
Bits surprised its a fastback btw, as you told you'd sold the green one for a vert...

EDIT: I was having same issue with my t-bird the first 2 years I had it, where the heavy mirror would fall off the moment you'd touch it, being parked in sun or simply drive on a crappy road.. I've found THE glue after trying 3 others supposed to be made for the job but that failed that you should be able to find in Europe.
I'll msg you the details per dm. 

Edited by Fabrice
  • Like 1

73 modified Grande 351C. Almost done. 

71 429CJ. In progress

Awesome, Fabrice, just awesome. :biggrin:    love the red idea. 

wizzy.jpg