? difference between fixed and power quarter window support frame in a fastback?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks David. So my main question is whether the 1/4 window frame in a Fastback with fixed windows is the same as the frame for a power window Fastback. I'm assuming it is because it is with a convertible. I've had lots of experience with convertibles with power windows, but I'm building a power window Fastback back from scratch and it's the first power window Fastback I've owned. They are a lot rarer.

By "frame", you mean the main bracket with the tracks for the window rollers? or the bracket that bolts to the glass? Either way, they are identical for manual coupe/vert, and power coupe/vert/sportsroof. Manual sportsroof is the only odd man out with the fixed quarter windows. 

Thanks Hemikiller. I was talking about the main bracket with the tracks for the window rollers. But I'm still confused. I'm building a 71 Mach I that is a bare shell with no spare parts and it came from the factory with power windows. I have a power window setup but it does not have any of the glass or brackets, just the motors and harness. So when I hunt for the brackets with the tracks and the bracket with the rollers, what are my options? Can I use the very common brackets from a fixed window fastback? Can I use brackets from a convertible with manual windows (I have lots of those)? I've obviuosly got the doors covered. Thanks!

Back