Hello forum. Wierd thing happened while out driving my 429cj. It was warmed up......put in gear...drove 30m...car flamed out......was able to start up again and go. Later same day.....car flamed out on road.....I managed to pull over safely......very difficult to start.....poured on some gas.....a couple of minutes later was able to start and drove home. Any ideas?

car had been standing still for nearly a year (due all this corona stuff)...

picture from drive.👍

4E48B4E2-EFBE-4401-A366-108D39AEE5C5.png

What did it do when it quit? Did it backfire, stutter and stumble, lose power before it quit, or just quit like the key was turned off?

Did you notice any gas smell when it was off or when you tried starting it?

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Do you have stock ignition, or an electronic ignition? If you have points, the condenser may be the problem, failing when it gets hot. Coils can also fail when they get hot. I would check all electrical connections, if you have points make sure the gap is correct and the ground strap and condenser in the distributor are securely fastened.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Check the wire that is a fusable link coming off the starter relay/solenoid, it may be shorting out.  I would also check your grounds esp your ignition grounds

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!