YOU lot pranked me ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Various
Changed my fuel filter today for one with a window...

Ohhhh ... so I bet YOU ALL found out what car I was stealing out of the USA and decided to "prank me" by urinating  in my tank.  :classic_blink:

I hope you all had a good laugh   :classic_dry:   at my expense  :classic_huh:

...otherwise , why does my fuel look like piss?  :classic_unsure:

Be funny as hell if someone got caught on camera with their knob stuck inside the filler pipe of a Mach 1  :biggrin:

fuel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those glass filters tend to leak and cause fires

Our crappy ethanol gas just looks like that

Well at least whom ever installed that filter used correct fuel line clamps!!

Another possibility is rust in the old fuel line from the tank. I had that problem.  We have discussed Ethanol and water in fuel before. Not to say you do have that issue, but you might want to check the fuel system thoroughly. It will save you having to get a tow.

This is what a fuel line with some rust might look like. 

IMG_1119.JPG

I like the idea of a seethru gas filter but have heard that the glass or plastic ones are not recommended. Are there any seethru ones that ARE safe to use?

All of the old fuel pumps came with a glass filter/settling bowl on the bottom, and I never had one break. I've had one of the flow-through glass filters on my 351C since I got it, it has a plastic shield that I positioned towards the front and radiator, and used a couple of rubber lined clamps to hold it in place above the water pump so it couldn't bounce around. In twenty years it never started leaking, when I get the engine reinstalled I'll likely replace the gaskets or the filter. I like seeing what the fuel looks like, even more so now in Oregon and the wet weather. I've seen a lot of sediment and water come out of gas pumps, especially after the fuel delivery truck just left.

Changed my fuel filter today for one with a window...

Ohhhh ... so I bet YOU ALL found out what car I was stealing out of the USA and decided to "prank me" by urinating  in my tank.  :classic_blink:

I hope you all had a good laugh   :classic_dry:   at my expense  :classic_huh:

...otherwise , why does my fuel look like piss?  :classic_unsure:

Be funny as hell if someone got caught on camera with their knob stuck inside the filler pipe of a Mach 1  :biggrin:

View attachment 45202
I recommend you schedule an appointment with your cars urologist.

I like the idea of a seethru gas filter but have heard that the glass or plastic ones are not recommended. Are there any seethru ones that ARE safe to use?
I have used both. To me it depends on where they are placed. I would not want a plastic one where it could end up against something really hot, like a motor or exhaust.

The glass ones are okay, but the weak points are the potmetal center bolt, the end fittings and the rubber seals. Over tightening the threads can lead to leaks and the rubber seals can dry out and split (probably more so if it is placed over an engine). Really, the glass seems to be the most durable part.

There are some glass bowl type remote filters that have none of these drawbacks and have brackets for hard mounting.

Back