Time to start working on the Mustang again

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
H code with Edelbrock heads
AOD 4 speed Automatic
Hi.  I found an email from this forum while searching for an update on my TCU basketball season tickets.  My Mustang has been out of commission for a year or two now and I did put in a new cam since I wore out a lifter and lobe on the last one.  Had trouble with the ignition tool.  Started the car to break in the new cam but there was a oil leak and I had to shut it down once the fire started.  Got that out then it was July and too hot to work on in the garage in Dallas, TX.  But my youngest son graduated University of North Texas this year and got a job so I will have money to work on the car some more.  I want to get it running good and work on the mechanicals and reupholster the front seats.  At some point it needs a complete new paint job.  So I should be on here more once I get started.  I have owned the car 30 years now and have done all the work myself so I do know a lot about these cars.

Dons 72s.jpg

Welcome to the Forum from North Carolina. Great that you kept the car so many sell then wish they had them back.
Tell us more about your vert? It looks black but cannot tell for sure. Also is it a Decor Group car I see the Mach 1 grill. Ford took black off the option list in 72 & 73 because the bodies were so bad. You could still get black but should have a six digit DSO code. 
I drive a 73 vert some but not much this year hanging close to home. 

DSC_1058.JPG

Back